fredag 11 juni 2010

Norge story - Sandefjord

The problem with travelling to races is that you don't normally have time to see anything in the place you go to. Last weekend I was just in a little suburb so there was nothing to see. But Sandefjord is lovely and I would like to see more.

My drive up to Strömstad was much nicer than last weekend where everything was under construction. Color Line managed to keep schedule despite the pouring rain and I passed the 2.5hours in the buffet and wandering around watching Norwegians buy as much booze as they could. I ate way too much but it was a good balance with more carbs than last week.

After bilkö and some attempts to figure out the one-way streets in Sandefjord, I arrived at the Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic which is just fantastic. The pictures do not really do it justice so I took a few of my own.


When it is a Collection hotel you get free dinner which was in a restaurant full of old sailing equipment and loads of cool stuff for a museum geek like me. So more eating has left me pretty sedated for the day.

But this is a city I would like to look around more. And I don't know if I will have time for that. Perhaps I should be happy that Farrisrunden put a coupon in the start bag for a free cruise Strömstad-Sandefjord! Good good!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade