söndag 20 juni 2010

Dragging myself around

I woke up today feeling extremely lazy. Training was the last thing I had in mind but after sitting around all day yesterday, I forced myself out into this wet 11C morning. Given my state of laziness, I decided on a mostly-road pass starting directly with the climb up to Furulund. And today this felt almost as bad as the very first time I rode up there. By the time I reached Tahult my body was feeling fine and I was starting to think that cycling was a fine idea at the moment. So then I pushed on.

The worst hill on this road is when it climbs to head over the E20 tunnel. In a marathon, I normally stay sitting for these and just keep up a steady rhythm on a reasonable gear. Today I tried the 'stand up and ride like hell' method which is definitely faster and easier. Problem is this gives me an instant cramp if I have 60km in my legs. So then it was just time to head back from Jonsered by the usual slalom around dogs, horses, alcoholics and slow cyclists.

It feels like I need to get some more variation in my training. I will work on that.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade