lördag 26 juni 2010

Gratis midsommar Day 2 - MTB adventure

It was far too beautiful to sit inside so I decided to take a little technical tour out in the forest. And when I started I remembered a year ago when I had precisely the same idea and ended up breaking a rib. Not the best thought. My left crank was making a hell of a noise and I stopped and tightened it but the noise didn't stop until I sprayed some water on it at Skatås. That makes no sense at all.

The plan was to head up to Furulund on some nice trails and take half a lap of the running trail till I reached Bohusleden / Vildmarksleden, then follow that over to Skatås. This is actually forbidden but I only came across one couple the entire time so it was fine.

The trail was pretty wide at first and full of rocks but completely manageable and quite fun. This is exactly the type of trail I see in Swedish marathons all the time. Right after I thought this, a crazy cliff appeared and I jumped off and walked down. I could see a cyclist at the other side up at the top and was wondering if he was waiting for me to move so he could fly down. But actually it was Peter Hansen from Sävedalens CK who is now the first person ever to recognize me from this blog. So we rode together back towards Delsjön. Well, together is maybe the wrong word. I was no match for his fulldämpad Scott and his technical ability but again I was in no mood to speed up and break anything on my bike or my body.

There were quite a few flat rocks of the kind I fall on when they are wet but today was perfectly dry. A couple parts were tough but it was really only that one cliff and another hill that were unrideable. So this was a great trip and nice to ride with someone else. So now I will post when/where I will ride here in case other readers want to join.

I voted to sit and relax in the sun so Peter headed home and I sat and enjoyed life even more than I already was. I was hungry so I grabbed the Squeezy super energy bar I had leftover from the last race and it tasted pretty good...at first. The cola aftertaste was sick. =( And this had caffeine in it which proved my theory from the last race. Caffeine does not make me go faster, it just makes me want to piss.

Now that I am home I can tell you precisely which upper body muscles are used in MTB. All of them. This is why I stopped going to the gym.

2 kommentarer:

Peter Hansen sa...

Det var trevligt att tråffa dig chris! Skriv gärna när och var du kommer köra för det är alltid roligt om man är fler.

hejchris sa...

Okay, I will. I am just still trying to decide which races to do. Ränneslättsturen or Mörksuggan is the question of the day.

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade