fredag 2 april 2010

Running Lerum/Riddarsten

Yes, I am still around but today was the first day I did something interesting enough to write about. On this semi-fine Påsk Friday I hopped into my car and drove over to Lerum and the Riddarsten motionspår. Why would I drive to go running??? Good question. Here are some reasons:

- The trail is soft grus which is good for my knee right now.
- The 2.5km length means I can stop if I feel sore. 8:an at Skatås would mean I would run 8km no matter what.
- The hill is lagom compared to Partille so it still gives something.
- The place is basically empty so no competition urges would kick in if people pass me. I need lugnt och fint.
- I trained here last year for GöteborgsVarvet so I know how fast I should be able to go when healthy and free of injury.
- In a duathlon you need to do 5km and then 2.5km after the bike so I don't have to think about distance.

When I got there, it was a lot more jobbigt than I remembered to get up the hill but I can't say that I prepared very well for this in terms of eating properly last night or this morning. So this meant high pulse almost immediately. Lap 1 was fine and Lap 2 I felt like I was pushing so I decided to stop after that.

Distance: 5km
Time: 24:13
Hr ave: 181

My leg felt pretty stiff but okay so I didn't want to push it anymore. My plan was to walk the 2.5km lap as 'cool down' but that 24 minutes had Hr ave of 138 which is not quite what I expected. Most of this was because it took 6 minutes to recover from the running. I saw this as a sign that I had done enough for the day.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade