torsdag 15 april 2010

Skogspromenad...but with bike

This afternoon I had a mind-numbing headache so I just headed home to rest for a bit. So no MCK training for me. My head cleared and then I felt fine so I went for a spin around the local trails.

But first we start with dagens outfit for all you fashion types. And this is certainly not good press for my phone since you see how crap the picture is in low light. Still, this is the fancy new MCK jacket.

I took off through the little trail at the bottom of the hill which connects to the gravel bike path up to Landvettervägen. My bike finally feels stable so this was no problem and riding up the hill was much less of a pain than running. I just kept climbing and did the 7.5km running trail I used to run in the winter. Then the hills started to hurt. Aj!

After awhile the 5 and 7.5km split and it becomes pure MTB trail. Sven, this is where we need to train! It has a bit of everything but is not going to kill us. There is one gravel downhill towards the end that is tricky but overall this is perfect. But I suggest tires wider than 2.1 for the wooden plank parts. And the SPD was fine today.

I have no clue if I was supposed to ride there but, unlike Skatås, no one minded. If you show respect for others, they are not going to complain. Where I show less respect is out on the cykelväg where people walk 5 across and don't move. Anyway, the MCK jacket earns respect and several smiles from women also. Can I buy another one? =)

The best part of the trip was along the cykelväg towards Utby where I was actually keeping up to a couple of fjortisar on their mopeds. Guess they didn't fix them to go over 30km/h. I even had one chance to pass them but I didn't feel like giving them a reason to run me over.

Time: 1:06:41
Hr ave: 164
Hr peak: 190
Energy: 906 kcal

Finally, I will conclude by saying that I can feel all of my muscles now. Yes...MTB is a full-body workout.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade