onsdag 7 april 2010

Confusion continues

As you have probably noticed, everyone is a bit sick right now. And since I am kind enough to think of the environment, I get to join these people for a long mysig ride on the bus. So just to piss me off, I seem to have one of those mild colds where you basically feel about 75% of normal and can still work but have this general sedated bläää feeling to kill your motivation for training. This is about as bad as it gets for me in terms of colds unless you count that pig flu from last fall.

The timing of this little cold, however, is quite crap. March/April are the worst months for my job and everyone gets sick because we never get to rest all that well. Yes, stress is dangerous for your health. Way more dangerous than riding your bike off a cliff.

I have said before on this page that my goals of the year will be a good långlopp season and improvements in cross during the autumn. So why am I so eager to try out XC next week after absolutely no exposure to the forest this year? Am I insane? I have only ridden my MTB 3 times with the SPD pedals so if anything I will be heading for a series of rather nasty falls my first few times in the mud. That happens no matter which shoes I have. In cross you know when you have to unclip. In MTB it is a surprise. I will get used to this quickly but somehow I think a race is not the best place to learn this.

Sorry if this blog is sounding quite confused but I go through this type of thing a lot. I want to try everything and I want to improve. I know that långlopp is my thing and my old club MTB Täby was completely devoted to this training. But at MCK there is very little interest. And that is a shame. So as usual I am lost in that vast gap between beginners and experienced.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade