måndag 12 april 2010

Back again!

After spending the last 3 days in Uppsala/Sthlm where it was rainy and 2C, it was a pleasure to return to bästkusten this morning to see the perfect spring day. 15C! So sitting in the conference I thought, nej, tonight I have to train. No more buffet meals for me. There are 2 more days of conference so I can sneak away.

So I scrambled together all of my MTB stuff and headed off to the MCK clubhouse in Lindome figuring that 'teknikträning' would be a good day to start. It was great to see everyone again but suddenly I remembered the difference now. Yes, the SPD pedals are on so this would be my first forest ride. Naturally, the warm-up was on our teknikbana which is where I took several rather spectacular wipeouts last year. Great. The very first trail felt very strange so naturally I fell over with my left foot still attached. Beautiful. Now I am a real cyclist. =) Of course I managed to slide my finger along a tree and slice it open nice so I had to take a break and stop the bleeding. Then I was back and just rode around a few more times and got the hang of it. Downhill feels completely different and you can control the direction much better. Of course that is probably also because I moved my seat forward.

The others were, of course, trying to climb over giant rocks, wood skids and whatever else was impossible so I just continued to ride around getting use to things. I threw in a couple of hill intervals also just for fun.

My leg feels just fine so I see no excuses now. Maybe I will do all of Billingeracet again afterall.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade