torsdag 22 april 2010

A good Thursday training

It is good to train with others for two reasons. First, at least in my case, you learn how to behave when riding with others. Or in my case I learn that I can effectively get in people's way. And second, you realize just how slow you are. These things might sound negative but I am pleased with the MCK training tonight.

My first plan was to join the 'middle group' since I was a bit worried about the pedal thing. But they told me to take the tävlings group which actually was a good thing. We just went around the Lindome track where Göteborgserien had a race towards the end of last season. I found the track brutal then and I still agree. But once I started I realized it was better with the SPD and I could unclip. Of course the first couple intervals I was hesitating which meant I was way behind the others.

We did jaktstart with start order in reverse meaning that I always had to go first. But that was fine. I did Öijertekniken on the two hills which I knew that I would not get up. So before losing all my speed I jumped off and ran. Yes, cross was good for something. This was actually quite fast. And in a race situation at the back where I always end up, this will work against those I will be racing.

Of course I was tired but towards the end I pushed harder and tried staying in one gear instead of switching down. And suddenly I could sort of keep up. This is exactly the kind of discovery I need to make. Great for confidence.

This was also my premiere for the new MCK shorts and legwarmers. Two local fjortisar approved of the look but I was a bit disturbed at the rude farting noise the shorts made when rubbing against my bike seat...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade