måndag 7 december 2009

Ronde van Vlaanderen for me

In an attempt to keep my training up, I have booked myself a hotel for Ronde van Vlaanderen, otherwise known as the Tour of Flanders down in Belgium.

Naturally, I will be racing on April 3rd which is the day before the real race and I will try the 140km race which includes all of the hills and stones but not the first 120km which seems to be flat and boring. That part isn't even televised.

And what will this race cost? 15€!!! Seriously. A whole race for the price of a normal CX cupen race here. Of course it will cost to actually drive there but this is a chance of a lifetime in my opinion. Let's see how my fancy new MCK uniform, my cross and my muscles compare to some real Belgian wielertoerister. =)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Chris, 140 k of cobbles and steep hills... are you shure what you are going to expose yourself to?
;-)
Seriously, it sounds like a really cool race to me. Just don´t forget that it is a competition, not a race for fun ;-)
Peter

hejchris sa...

I survived Finnmarksturen which is basically 105km of grusväg of poor quality so a few cobblestones here and there should be okay. And having that base level of shape already by Easter will help for my norwegian invasion for their MTB races.

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade