lördag 12 december 2009

Luciacrossen or CRC CX7

And so it was time for the grand finale of the Göteborg series of CX races and this meant a trip to Mölnlycke instead of Skatås. And what awaited us there was a pleasant surprise...the ultimate cross course. It had a running hill with a tough left turn into it then another short hill which I will talk more about later. Then it was time for some rough grass/mud followed by the grus...so much grus. And corners...so many wonderful corners! And to top it off, we had to run up a short set of stairs, navigate through a sandbox and over some BMX hills before ending with the plank hinder of proper size. I probably used a bit too much energy before just riding around because I was having so much fun. But it was good for making strategy.

I am sure you are wondering how things went with the Superprestige race to avoid last place. Since there were quite a few beginners today, there was little chance of being last but Peter was still there and keen for a victory. We started next to each other but this was the world's most lugn start, mostly because of the sharp left turn almost immediately. Peter immediately pulled in behind me and I knew that his strategy for the day would be to wait for me to make a mistake. And on this course, that was the best choice.

There was a bit of traffic to deal with but by the asphalt part I could easily whizz passed all of the MTBs. The first run up the hill was good and I was able to get into the pedals quickly for the next part. Then came that short second hill I mentioned. I knew I would get stuck on it because it was immediately after a tough turn so the plan was to jump off the bike and run up. I did this and behind me I heard 'FFAAAANNNN!' which I assumed was Peter getting stuck on the hill. So that was my chance to get a gap but his daughter Kajsa was right in front of me (pre-arranged, I wonder?) but I made a bit of a risky pass in my eagerness to get away from Peter.

The gap was about 20 m but I could always see him close behind. But this course was not meant for taking off on people since the corners were so tough. I decided to try and gain time on the stairs and the planks and I have to say that I have never gone into these things with so much speed and aggression. I was jumping off the bike at the last minute with quite speed but it did work.

After this there was not much left to say. The distance between those in front of me and those behind me stayed pretty much the same. And the last lap was time for a duell again with David who tried to lose me on a straight but didnt. =) And if I had known that the race would be finished after the last straight, I could have ended the season with a cool spurt. But I am very satisfied anyway.

So today I did get to njut a bit but this was about as tough as it gets. Overall, it was the perfect race to end the season with. This was exactly the day I needed to keep my motivation up for next year's cross season.

Thanks to all the organizers for fixing a great day and also thanks to those watching. It does help to hear people cheering me on. And there should be at least 4 pictures of me so I hope to see them also. =)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Yes Chris, all there´s left to me is erkänna mig besegrad... you were much stronger than me today... again. But it was much closer today than last week I can assure you. I made a real effort on the näst sista varvet and I think it was not more than 8 meters left to close, but then I vurpade in the kurva där publiken stod... and I was demoralised. And no, it was not prearranged that Kajsa should be a hjälpryttare *Holding two fingers on the Bible*
Däremot försökte hon hindra mig från att komma förbi sedan... ungjäveln ;-)
Thank you for all the racing and I can´t wait until next years CRC Cup starts, and then...
Have a merry Christmas and happy new Year!
Peter

hejchris sa...

I did notice that you were closing in a bit and I almost slipped a few times on those corners by the crowd. So I was lucky.
When I was passing Kajsa I was way out of the normal spår so she is learning the fine art of being unpassable. I would definitely encourage that more! =)
There is a gallery with pics already and I will post the link tomorrow.
Thanks again and have a great Christmas and New Years too!
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade