lördag 26 oktober 2013

CKXCrossen race report

And so it was time to try out some cross in the deep south and Helsingborg is a good place for that. I was still partially sick this morning but my body felt better than a few days ago so I gave it a try. And from my two test laps I knew I had to start because they used everything the Dalhem park area had to offer and plenty of cross curves and almost 100% grass. Of course it was also the hardest track of the year so far which again may be evidence that my brain was not working exactly right.

At upprop it was obvious that many who signed up did not start because of sickness, again a reason for me to wonder why the &@!? I was starting. Startled 2 was also rather strange. Anyway, I coughed up a nice slembit, spit it out and was ready to start.

The start went as most starts go for me and because there were so many corners I could catch up by braking late. But the first part was the seg grass hills which killed me direct so there was already a gap of a few metres. At the monster hill of death I was actually running and caught up to Lars E and tried to  stay on his wheel for a bit but he flew away pretty fast in the tung mud grass just before the finish line stretch, a place I got better at with time. So because once again there was a shortage of bad cyclists I was left to battle myself and this evil cold.

Once I got to about Lap 3 I was getting a flow and could push on surprisingly well. Of course pushing on the long grusväg and paved part meant I was punished badly when it shifted back to the seg grass hill up to the first running hill. Actually I had to stop there for a second and cough up my right lung. If anyone finds it just let me know because I could probably use it.

I was actually worried that I would be lapped before half the race and get a DNF but then I heard two laps to go for those that were coming after me so I obviously managed. But a lot of people lapped me there even though I was seriously giving it everything my sick body could manage. My last run up the death hill was actually more like a run than a painful pathetic walk. And I flew through the last mud section and across the line. So the capacity is there, somewhere.

Anyway kids, do not try this at home. Racing while sick is not good and I knew that the worst of my cold was already over so today was for stimulating my immune system. I also know that the work I need to do this week can be done from home in bed. And I got my 24th place which is lovely!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade