söndag 17 juli 2011

Rullpass of accidents

The idea was spontaneous and would have been good if I had followed it. The forecast looks horrible and my bike was too dirty for the 'bucket on balcony' method of cleaning so the plan was a simple rullpass over to Skatås to use their hose. Pure återhämtning. But for a rullpass why was I still pedalling at normal speed??? Especially since my left knee seemed to be protesting loudly to this rude idea so early on a Sunday morning.

And one can really ask why I decided that a quick trip along my blue trail in Puketorp would also be a good form of återhämtning after a pass yesterday which involved basically no singletrack at all. But it is fun. Well, it was fun. I did manage a rocky downhill this time so I was proud of my super technical skills. When I came to this seriously nasty root section which Sid had taken me through flawlessly every time before, my confidence came back to get me. Yes, a classic 'stuck between two roots' case. And suddenly I was flying over the handlebars.

In this situation one has no time to ponder about landing. You just land. And I can deem several body parts more appropriate for me to land on. For example, my head is well protected. Or my stomach and hands are a pretty practical place also. But noooo...I had to land directly on my right bicep in the same freakin' spot I landed on while skiing.

The scrapes at least provide some marking of where I landed and are probably just a surface thing but underneath fcuking hurts. I do not really think my arm has ever healed and this will set me back again. But perhaps this time I can convince the stupid vårdcentral that I did fall and that they should x-ray me and send me to a doctor that is going to treat it instead of give me painkillers.

But to be positive, my bike is clean and I did pass a motionär on a little hill in a rather ego-crushing way. =)

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade