fredag 29 juli 2011

Leaning far away from Toyota

Now that cross weather has temporarily left us, Chris Cross has been finding other ways to be cross. My car search feels like those Top Gear challenges where if I don't find anything I will be forced to take the undiserable option of wasting money fixing my Colt or have nothing at all.

I went to check Toyota Center in Mölndal and was thoroughly disappointed. I have always had a Toyota aversion and I do now more than ever. They had one Aygo+ which I will admit was larger than I expected. But to pay 90G for something that has gone 8000 mil is silly. Then there were two Auris or should I say Arse because you would have to be one to buy either of these examples. 130G for something scratched and abused with completely bald tires on steel rims. Come on. I would need to spend like at least 6000kr to get any of these 3 in shape. And the two Yaris? They were sold already which means they would have been good.

While I was there I walked over to US Center and Gbg Begagnat and found they also sold Fiat. For essentially the same price as the Aygo, I still say the Fiat 500 is a thousand times better. In the used section it was just laughable. There was a Renault Scenic which was a good price but when I opened the door it made two very loud clunking sounds...piece of shit. Naturally they had just sold the 3 cars I went there to look at.

The only way around this may be to start driving stick again. You have no clue about my experience with a crap driving school Volvo S40 which stalled in every busy intersection in Sthlm. I could just not get the feel for that car. Okay, fine, when I drove a smaller Peugeot it was better and the VW Passat I rented once was sweet. But now I have been driving automatic for 5 years.

Maybe I should think of the fact that I sat in the perfect car today for all my criteria except automatic...the Alfa Romeo Mito is stunning!

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade