onsdag 22 december 2010

A morning ski...all morning

I finally managed to get up to Partille golfbanan after only 2 traffic circle slides in the car. Believe me...that is a low number. I was expecting -11C since that is what SMHI forecasted. So I did a good job of putting the Blue Extra in the kick zone and for some lyx I put on couple layers of Swix VR40. Out of laziness I went with the Purple Liquid for glide. So I headed out to the car and found it quite warm for -11C. Could be because it was actually -2C. Stupid SMHI.

It was very nice in the tracks today because there were tracks and enough snow the whole 6.8km. And the glide was great since I actually put the right glide wax on. The last two times were without since I had no clue how my balance would be. The kick wax? Nja...not very good. My diagonalåkning feels more like running than actual kicking and that meant I was actually catching up to someone on the uphills and falling behind going down. So this was 50 minutes per lap times 2 which equals a nice way to spend half of my birthday.

This speed means my Öppet Spår time is down to 11 hours now. =)
How can I explain my slowness?

1. The course
You would never compare 6.8km on an MTB XC course with 6.8km of långlopp and I think this is the same situation here. Partille golfbanan is not flat or straight and every time you get any speed, there is a corner, uphill or some other obstacle which means you need to start again. There are only really 2 or 3 spots flat spots where you can get any sort of constant speed. So I think this 6.8km is not really what I should expect in Mora. But it is very good training.

2. The skis
My skis are crap. Seriously. When I bought them I weighed about 3kg less than I do now and those skis are one size shorter than the new ones I bought. So I expect that I am slowing myself down with the kick wax. My new skis seem to be stuck in the mail in Jönköping but when I get them I expect one of those 'WOW' feelings. The exact feeling I got when I had a real MTB or my Ridley. Half of my problems are probably the equipment. I hope. But bad skis means way more effort and training for my arms.

3. No fanny pack?
Those bags around your waist seem to be important. Every store has special prices on them now.

2 kommentarer:

Lisa sa...

jag har skidor det tagits världscuppoäng på. still no wow-feeling...

hejchris sa...

Nej nej Lisa...that I did not need to hear. =( Then again, my skis are extremely bad so anything I buy will give some wow. It has to...
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade