söndag 5 december 2010

earlyLuciacrossen race report


My day started with this lovely picture. No wonder people were staring at me and my bike. But will 10cm of snow stop us today? No way!

Lasse and Jonas succeeded again in setting up a wonderful earlyLuciacrossen course. Today's snow was different because underneath was not grass so grip was more of a problem this time. On my test lap, I (and everyone else) went full speed into a short hill with deep snow only to discover that our front wheel stopped dead. This is Chris Cross Air informing you that the emergency exits are rakt fram directly over the handlebars... It's been awhile since I have done that and it felt good that I could land in a pile of snow.

Today's real pain was the SPD pedals and actually any type of pedals. The only one who escaped this pain was Ted and I suspect that Tomas was involved in some shady business here. Afterall, last week he brought a friend who sat på rulle behind me and passed at the finish. This was opposite today. Ted had a great start and I didn't since I could not get my shoe clipped. I took many chances and could catch up to Ted at the end of every straight but as soon as I had to get off and clip in again, he took off and left me pounding my foot on my pedal.

The longer we went the more I was sliding like hell. One classic was when I jumped back on the bike and slid right off again. I also managed to slide in the corner where Aase was warming the glögg (Tack Aase!). Boy did I feel like heading into the depå for a drink but I waited till the end. Others seemed to be spread out all over and Mattias was in first until Björn took over for the last lap. And no I didn't get in anyone's way this time.

This was a lot of fun but and very technical and my legs feel strong when I can actually use them. Today was not one of those days. Again, I haven't felt fast since our CX Cupen race and it would be nice to have that feeling again this season. Let's see if the deep south will be warm and sunny for us.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade