fredag 23 november 2012

When hobby becomes stress the end is near

Pretty much everyone has a stressful job now and the only way to keep floating is to have a nice recovery period. For most that means the weekend. I am happy with my job and that I have just been extended. But I have learned that I also have limits in terms of just how much I can do. So taking on two extra things at work was certainly a recipe for disaster. You have already heard me complain about the course I am taking and the point of this was to increase my teaching competence. Instead it has just left me even more stressed and has taken all of my weekend time.

With 4 weekends left before Christmas there is even more reason to stress. But CX itself is also a source of stress, even if the race is here. We lose a day for every race no matter if it is a cup thing or training. So we stress our way through the week and then stress our way off to yet another weekend of CX races. It should be no surprise to anyone that I reached a limit sometime last weekend when even my 'CX-free weekend' became a 'catching up from the other weekends' stress.

I have given the impression that the grass is greener on the other side of Öresundsbron and in many ways that is true. Even though they have a ton of races, only 4 of them are in the national cup. Yes, 4. Not 11. People have other things to do so why attempt to have so many races? To take an example, Långloppscupen is not that many races and they are usually a couple of weeks apart. This is what I like about it and why so many motionär also join in. It is fun in a stress-free and licence-free way without overdoing it. And most people today that use sport as a way to recover from stress would never need more than that. Keep it simple and don't get out of hand with race numbers. That will bring in the people. There are tons of other sports with stress-free 'prova på' sessions so why would anyone choose complicated and expensive cycling over something simple?

I want to give priority to the second race in the Danish CX-Cup next weekend and in order to do that I have to cancel this weekend in Copenhagen. What happens after that I have no idea. But what I really need is a weekend without stress or expectation. I just need a nice long walk in the forest to calm down a lot.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade