måndag 5 november 2012

CM Hästhagen and Denmark

Yesterday I had what I call the CM or Chris mästerskap in cyclocross because lately it has been a miracle that I have any time to get near a bike. So when I finally do it should be rewarded. And, unlike other M races, at the CM I get a nice medal-shaped object (pizza) for my efforts. The problem is my assignment for that course I wrote about before. This report is a neverending battle and is eating up all of my free time and even some work time. But after working on this the last 3 days it is kind of starting to take shape. So happily I could get out on my bike yesterday.

For those of you away from Göteborg, it has been raining all weekend. Yes, surprise surprise. But yesterday wasn't so one could get the idea that it would be nice and dry out. Nej nej. I have never seen the grass this wet over at my Sävecrossen spot. But with my taped Tufos and a pressure of between 2.4 and 2.5 bar things were actually pretty good. So it was time for the CM to start.

Over at Skatås there was something resembling a track on one of the fields so no one should complain about what we do to the grass. Still, Hästhagen was calling and there I could see evidence of tjuvträning for future GöteborgsSuperprestige races, several dogs and even a horse. My speed was good and the mud was clearing from my tires nicely. But I still slid massively in one corner and other grass/mud bits were pretty slippery in general so I now have to admit that I will slide no matter what tire I have. But yesterday I found a great balance between speed and grip and could feel the crossglädje coming back.

So after a bike wash I thought I would add a nice loop in around Delsjön and 8:an which led to Mr.Wall towards the end, a dirty bike yet again and a whole pile of muddy clothes. A good CM indeed!

This week will bring some late nights to get rid of this stupid assignment because next weekend it is time for Chris Cross to invade Denmark. More on that later...

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Try running lower pressures, I've been using 1.5 to 1.8 bar.
//Philip

hejchris sa...

I know I should be much lower. But I am lazy and I still use the Tufo tape so I know it will fail when the pressure gets too low. I haven't experimented enough yet to find the magic number but I am working on it. Either way, it feels faster at 2.4 bar.

Grattis on the 4th by the way!
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade