söndag 11 november 2012

Värk...everywhere!

Yes, since this is the internet I can use things like OMFG to describe how I feel right now. I have not felt this much träningsvärk since my two super races in Dalsland at the start of the season. I mean seriously this is some serious shite. We all know that cross is great training but after yesterday's technically quite simple lap I was not expecting this. So obviously I am satisfied.

One explanation could be in the results list...the chip registered 16 laps and a race time of 63 minutes. That means 15 times running up those stairs. 16 löphinder. 16 times gradually uphill through the forest and against the wind. And 31 dismounts plus 31 remounts. Plus I also did 4 practice laps. OMFG indeed.

So that gave me 17th position out of 21 in H Prestige. The one that passed during my semi-collapse moment only finished 20 seconds ahead and then there was another 5 s to the next guy. In fact there was only 2 minutes separating the 6 of us on that lap. So there is room for improvement.

Another thing I noticed is that this course allowed me to have more strategy and to do several 'mean' things to keep people behind. Like once at the top of the stairs there was a guy on my left so I remounted and headed straight towards the left side which of course meant he couldn't get through without hitting the track tape. And in the forest I was Chris Crossing back and forth to miss the tree roots...this must have been very annoying.

Next race is 1 dec. You can also sign up for 1 race at a time for 100DKK and then the chip (which you keep and can use again) is another 100DKK. It is pretty close to Kastrup and would be a good way to keep up some form for Tångacrossen. Yes, try that one with a non-Swedish keyboard.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade