tisdag 6 november 2012

CX Cup DK-style

I noticed from CX Sweden that others are not very amused with the current CX situation either. And obviously I think it is important to be critical or I wouldn't have bothered with my boycott. But we have to take these complaints and make them into something good. It was also mentioned that my boycott seems to be over. I have never been against cyclocross in general, I am just fed up with SCF. And that boycott is on until we can get some progress here.

Like I said yesterday I think it is time to see how things are going in Denmark. And what I found was CX-Cup, a little series of 5 races around Copenhagen. Unlike SCF, the Danish equivalent DCU does not force beginners to have a licence to try out the sport. And the CX-Cup I found is a set of 5 independent races which in this country would be called svarttävlingar. And I think it is positive for the sport to have some competition from smaller cups because then it means DCU can't get lazy and arrange a half-assed race. We could use the same thing here.

They have enough sponsors to keep the thing floating and will even use the Lapio electronic chip timers so there will be less argument over results lists. In fact, the whole website is automated so you can register, pay by credit card and then get your results direct to your iPhone or Facebook. And just for this alone I think it is worth the trip just to see how this all works.

The first race is this Saturday, November 10 in Roskilde, also known for a muddy music event. The setting is in Folkepark which is right in the middle of the city so this will certainly create some local interest. And a start time of 14.00 means no conflict with things like shopping.

Everyone starts at once and there are no rules about getting lapped. You just do as many laps as you can in an hour. Can it get any better than this? So far 34 people have signed up and they have a max limit set at 100. So all of you CX-tokig down in Skåne or southern Sweden still have a chance to join in the fun.

I personally have always chosen CPH over Sthlm...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade