tisdag 23 oktober 2012

Startraket video and injury update

It seems like a helmet cam is 'Årets tidig julklapp' among Göteborg cyclists as you have seen from the CX Sweden page. But this one below from Björn F is beautiful!



Why? Well it is video proof that I managed to have a great start for once in my life. At 0:15 you can see I am på rulle with Laila who had a perfect start. By 0:29 I had made my attack in the tree allé. At 0:37 I am 3rd around the corner. And this whole sequence is great while I closed the gap in the grass. From 1:20 you can see my careful ride through the mud corners. But then after 1:40 things became worse. I remember now that Cecilia had slipped and I stopped and had my foot down. Then the rest of this sequence shows my realization that it would be pointless to remount so close to the drop so you get to see me running down the hill. And by 1:59 I am no longer in the picture. Yes, staying in front of Mr. Startraket himself for 2 minutes is a major achievement!

Right, so now to the injury update. Yesterday at work I talked to our local ergonom. who happens to also be a secret supertalang in MTB, skiing, marathon running and now triathlon. Yes, Stefan is the obvious first choice before any programs at SportRehab or appointments with a painkiller-crazy doctor. He said that my finger should be fine in a couple of days and was just swollen and pulled a bit. But throughout the day I could feel that my infamous shoulder injury was returning yet again. I managed a whole 2 months without pain but now it is back again. Fan. And then there is my ankle which looks more like a bear attack than a cycling scratch. This lovely work of art is also making me limp a bit when I walk. Gorey pictures are available if anyone is that interested...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade