söndag 14 oktober 2012

DNS? WTF? Damn well I started AND finished

I was going to make this a nice little tail of courage and how I fought through the race in Falun today despite having a completely shite day. But then I saw the results on Oscar's blogg which listed me as DNS so now I have to be Mr. Surgubbe. I mean he even talked about me while I was passing once so obviously I was there. Even the women's list is wrong too so probably there are mistakes everywhere else too. How hard can it be to keep track of the race? Sorry but this should not happen. I hope everyone that reads this checks their own result because this kills my motivation to continue with CX Cupen at all.

Right, so what about that race which I officially did not even seem to start? Well, I took two practice laps and was using 2.6 bar instead of 2.7 but since there was a light rain the whole day my change seemed to have zero effect on my grip. I was sliding all over. So with SM in mind and trying out the first ever H30 championship I decided to take it easy.

I started in Led 3 again and had an okay start and was with everyone until the top of the start hill when someone fell in front of me and I had to swerve and go away from my perfect line. He was quick on his bike but this cost me about 10m behind. I could close the gap by the end of the straight and then it was time for the Chris Curve which I name after myself after yesterday's nasty crash. Things were slow through here but since everyone was bunched together I was still in the game. I was behind two from that J Lindeberg club and immediately thought how cool it would be if we had a guest designer for our GCK uniforms. But the classic Gbg brands like Elvine or Velour would probably put us in some kind of lumberjack shirt and boy would that lead to many Canadian jokes...

I didn't seem to have any energy in segbacken today and those in front were far more eager that I was. So things were looking bad for Chris Cross already. I had a hell of a time on the first corner after the uphill from the pit/sand and somewhere here Angelica passed followed by Åsa på rulle. And by the time I was at the start straight Lisa went flying passed also. So it was time to just concentrate on finishing and not breaking anything. That didn't go very well.

Second time down Mördarbacken I slid at the top but managed to put my foot down instead of falling. So I clipped in and slid the rest of the way down until the bottom when I turned and fell immediately. The mud was soft so this was nice. But back on the bike I realized that my chain was off so I had to put that back on. This went fine now that I removed that stupid chainguard thing. By the way, thanks for the cheers here. It helped.

So then I was passed by Ida and I actually think it may have been her I was battling positions with last Saturday in Kumla. This pass happened after the löphinder because I couldn't get my shoe into the pedal because it was now full of mud, sand and small stones. Things were looking shite this lap but I really tried to keep some kind of pace and accelerate along the long straights. By the next lap I had caught up to Ida again who seemed to be slowing down on the straights and resting. There were two laps to go but I could see that I would be lapped soon so now it was time to hold on as long as I could and make this a hell of a lap.

I had caught Ida in the start hill but didn't feel like passing on the fast downhill section so I planned my corner near the start area for maximum crowd pleasing effect. No one seemed to care but I thought it was lovely. I slowed down a bit more, took a different line, ended up on the inside of the corner and accelerated passed as fast as I could and had a decent gap by the time I reached the Chris Curve and the rest of the grass curves of death. Of course it also helps when you are racing against someone who is not racing you. I had a comfortable gap up segbacken which went brilliant except for the fact that I was lapped here.

So I played smart here and just concentrated on not messing up while also moving out of people's way. And naturally I could not get my shoe in the pedal yet again so I was happy to be almost done. I decided for fun to not let the last guy pass in the final straight and see if I could win a spurt. I didn't do too bad because he only did pass in the last couple of metres because I was being told to stop. Yes, you. You who told me to stop. You much have been keeping track if you knew that I was lapped. Why didn't I get my 40th place???

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade