söndag 25 september 2011

Sunny Superprestige

Tomas said today that this blog is far too negative and I know what he means. So lets change this starting from now. Positive thing #1: It is sunny and lovely outside. Positive thing #2: I do not feel the slightest bit sick anymore which proves, yet again, that CX is good for my health.

It was great to see everyone again so this naturally meant lots of chatting and funny comments here and there. Lasse's course at Skatås today for the next GöteborgsSuperprestige actually was not all that great for Chris Cross. My legs and my Ridley are meant for corners and igångdrag so the long paved trail was to my disadvantage. The start was the usual 'me trying to get out of the way' thing but probably I should have been more aggressive today. To be honest I had a hell of a bad first lap which featured clumsy things like running clear into a pole in the first sand part, landing smack right on the seat on a bad remount (aj aj) and a nasty back wheel slide on the road corner part after the downhill. So it was time to focus on technique and calm down a bit...even if these things were very funny.

By the second or third lap I could see Mikael ahead of me again with his superwheels and it looked like he was just kind of enjoying the sun and not even making an effort. Can't have that. So I made an attempt to catch him and was doing well in the straights and igångdrag so I was getting closer and closer and he could see this. Second last lap I went into the löphinder with too much speed and slid off to the side a bit but did not lose so much time. I was within reach and hoping he would mess up before I did.

Last lap came faster than I expected and I wasn't even lapped (note the positivity!) but suddenly after the sand I was an extra 30 m behind and wondered what happened. Turns out that Mikael rode through the sand that time and I ran so our battle was over. I still gave it everything I had but the gap was too much. But it was a fun race and, thankfully, I didn't feel like I would die after it was done.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade