söndag 11 september 2011

Chris Cross is back...GöteborgsSuperprestige

I rolled over to Skatås this morning feeling like this was going to be tough. My kondition is still obviously missing somewhere. Maybe it has been hijacked. Oj, wrong day for that word. But the Introcross portion went well and my technique was coming back again, slowly. I had some power in my legs but I didn't want to kill myself before the Superprestige started. The stairs I had trained a few weeks ago so that was fine. The grass also felt fine. But when the race started I didn't feel fine at all.

In usual style I went from first to last within the first 400m but I didn't want to shove my way around the tight corners. Why ruin things immediately when the point of this is training. Or is it? Things moved to VM-status when I saw that I was with 2 others at the back. My whole first lap was basically at max since I wanted to pass and my chance did come at the sand when I managed to run by. But no matter how hard I pushed I could not break away so for the next lap I was looking ahead to see if I could pass the next guy while also looking behind to stay ahead. Then I messed up on a remount after the sand and was passed.

So I was chasing again and trying to push on the grass and over in the second half I was flying on the grus, braking late and trying my best to start quickly after each corner. The problem was the guy in front had superlight high profile carbon wheels and tubulars so he was just cruising along as if nothing was happening while I was behind pedalling my ass off just to keep within a reasonable distance.

On the way around the corner before the tents and finish line the guy in front took a fall. First evidence that,in fact, he was stressed by my chasing. So after the polite 'Are you okay?' I passed and made some attempt at an attack in the wet grass with 2 laps to go. He was there at the sand but then somewhere in the next part he disappeared. At this point my energy was crashing and I was hurting so I know I slowed a bit, mostly to avoid mistakes. Last lap was horrible and I was ready to faint but decided, anyway, to sprint like hell after the löphinder.

So today was far from perfect but if I almost faint then no one can say I didn't try...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade