lördag 5 februari 2011

Recipe for stiffness...

Today was MCK MTBs training day at Allebike and naturally I am always tempted to buy things there because they actually have things. But I only bought some cleaner and ski guards so I don't scratch the glide sections. I did manage to escape the temptation of their lovely frames.

Anyway, after some outdoor warmup with the kids, Karlsson decided to kill us with some styrka. Naturally, those pilates balls were first on the agenda just to destroy the illusion anyone may have about their good balance. This stuff is always tough. I should be training this here now that I have a room and know where the ball is. The rest was your usual tough sets of weights and various lunges and other torture methods.

To top the morning off we had the obligatory 500m race on the rowing machine. Philip was the champion of the day. I delivered a decent 1:49 after sliding a bit off the seat in the middle so I probably could have done 1:47. I beat Tomas with this time since he fell off the seat with about 100m to go and decided his first experience with a rowing machine was not going so great. So with burning throats, it was time for a yummy lunch with some planning for the season.

After lunch was a spinning pass which was basically like a normal gym pass. No high intensity TC-style stuff...just typical climbing. This felt pretty good and by the hour I was still ready for some more. Of course now I feel like I want to die, but that is why we have sofas and TV.

Anyway, I felt like my skiing has had some good effect on my fitness level and strength. Good good.

2 kommentarer:

Philip sa...

I must confess to second place in the rowing as someone else went 2 seconds quicker than me in 1:35

Great day though

hejchris sa...

Jaha? That I must have missed. Still, you introduced yourself in a good way. How many other possible MTB stars are out there without a club? Come to MCK! =)

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade