lördag 19 februari 2011

My big announcement

Obviously my injury has been the main topic here this week but that is probably getting boring. So now that basically everything is official, I can make my big announcement.

I have been offered a job as Scientific Editor of a fairly large department of Göteborgs Universitet! It lasts until the end of November 2012 because of the well-known 'over 2 years = tillsvidare' thing that companies are so scared of. But they have said that this is a trial and do intend to continue it and I intend to work my ass off to be sure that I get extended.

But why is this so life-changing? Well, I have been doing research for awhile and have enjoyed it but lately I just can't get any funding for myself or my project. I struggle along in a cloud of uncertainty which is a tough way to live when you are not an actual citizen here. I will still be in contact with research since I will be editing it but I will not have the depressions associated with not getting funded after writing the application. In research we call this a 'real job'.

This will be a challenging job and that I look forward to. In terms of cycling, I will be giving priority to races that are close to here because I think my weekends are going to be needed.

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Grattis mannen! Your write choice indeed.

Philip sa...

Nice one, well done sir! No excuse not to get that new Cervélo then?

hejchris sa...

Fat boy! Their write choice until you get back with your new Cambridge English. Then I will have some competition.

Philip! I think a superlight fork for my MTB would be a better way to spend the money...

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade