lördag 28 november 2009

CRC CX5

And so it was time again for the famous Göteborg series of cyclocross at Skatås. Since I did not have a Friday night glue party yesterday, I was not sure that my red tires would actually stay on. And my brakes are horribly unadjusted so I only had contact on one side of the pad. But I just hoped for the best and tried not to brake. =)

Today's course was reverse to what we usually ride and included some new things like a trail called 'punka stig'. On an MTB it would be nothing but the stones were a bit big for cross. And then there were the grus corners, one I fell in and two I was damn close. In other words, a course full of technical challenges. In other words, skitkul!

And skit describes the start I had plus I managed to fall in the little 10m bit of sand on the first and second lap. I suddenly realized that I was behind the wrong Alriksson rider so I had to pass her and then there was that all-to-familiar bit of empty space. No, wait...Peter was about 100m ahead. Catching him today was going to hurt. Passing him on the stairs hurt even more. Being passed while I slid in the corner was expected but passing him again and going full out on the last lap really hurt. But I am glad that it hurt because this will make me stronger so I hope to continue this story the remaining two races. And even if these races are supposed to be 'for fun', I will still say that it is 2-1 for me. =)

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Chris, these races are not for fun... as you now have experienced ;-)
But if you count in the "training"-race in Borås it is 2-2, but I think we shall keep this fight clean ;-)
Lets make it epic for the public the following two weeks. (Shit, that was a bad joke)
See you in the back of the race Chris!

Peter

P.S.
Maybe I could use my daughter (the "wrong Alriksson rider") as a hjälpryttare on saturday. I think I need all the help I can get, and in love and war all...

hejchris sa...

Thanks for the comment Peter! I know...the battle to stay out of last place is always a serious one. And these GBG races feel more serious than CX Cupen.

I am trying to forget Borås since my back tire was bouncing the whole race. But then I guess we are 2-2 then.

Sure...bring more from Alriksson to confuse me. They can just make an unpassable wall since you know I have a crap start. =)

Vi ses!

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade