lördag 14 maj 2011

Fork off?

My plan is to continue with my distanspass but gradually add in more singletrack so I don't mess up my arm any more than it already is. This morning was my first attempt at that with my Kåsjön - Tahult - Jonsered route.

I almost immediately started with the singletrack and it was going well at first. Mind you I should not have managed riding up that steep hill on a trail anyway but even the flat parts were going horribly. Ever since that downhill in Tidaholm last year, my fork has been just useless. I have checked it for cracks or other damage but I do not see anything wrong. But it is absolutely shite in rough terrain. On trails where things are more spread out or on grusväg with holes, things are fine. But in my opinion Rock Shox Recon is not at all meant for XC.

My old betong Trek has always been better at technical trails and my Full Dynamix is the master of långlopp roads. That should be enough for me to realize that my bike room needs a proper XC bike. But I can't afford one this year so for now I will just have to check the market and test ride.

On the positive side, I did this entire route without any energy crashes and no muscle problems at all. Good good.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Har du ställt in den rätt på compression och rebound känns som att det är rebounden som du behöver justera. Den är antingen för snabb vilket gör att den vill "studsa" eller förlångsam dvs att den packas ihop den hinner inte upp innan den komprimeras igen,/hansen

hejchris sa...

Tack Hansen!
I realize I need to go through this whole adjustment procedure again. I find that one of the screws moves way too easily. I need to get a shock pump so I can really get things correct.

Do you know of any store that sells the replacement parts (washers, seals, etc) for Rock Shox? Or is it just best to give it to them so they can fix it?
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade