lördag 21 maj 2011

CX training starts now

For once I did not have to work this weekend and I am not running GöteborgsVarvet. So after a nice sovmorgon I realized that I actually had time for training! The MTB is shot as you know so I grabbed the next road worthy bike which is my Merida Cross 4. But this is not a real CX since it had screws for a bottle holder. My Ridley doesn't have that. So I decided to join that hated breed called LVG cyclist and set off to see if I could inspire any insändare...

First I headed towards Jonsered and found myself on a completely empty cykelväg. =) This went so &%#*¤ fast that my legs felt lovely by the time I turned down the road to cross Säveån around the fabriker area. Fint fint. But that little trail was full of people so I braked a fair bit (despite essentially having no brakes on the CX), smiled and tried not to piss anyone off much.

Next it was Kåhög where I was på rulle with a bus and managed to sit along side it when the cykelväg appeared. Racing buses is kinda fun until the speed limit hits 50 km/h. After that little adventure it was me vs wind of death the whole bloody way over to Sävedalen and then continuing all the way along E20. But I pushed on since there were people to pass.

Arriving at Svingeln and then along the water over to Liseberg was quite annoying. I can see why everyone hates cyclists. Most cyclists are flying all over the place, sending SMSs, cutting off cars and generally being annoying. But they are not tävlingscyklister. They are just stupid people. I in my MCK jersey showed respect and no one had a problem with me being there.

Anyway, after several stop light start sprints and some hill attacks at max speed it was time for Skatås. Up the hill at the tennis club is a well known pain inducer and I made sure to pass two people on my way up. Somehow I ended up on the Delsjön runt trail so it was MTB time before 8:an which was completely free of runners thanks to the race. So there was more flying, more hill attacks and more fun awaiting as I made my way back home.

This was so much more effective than the last couple MTB rides I have done on the hills. To hell with that unwritten rule of no CX in the summer. If anyone needs tjuvträning it is Chris Cross.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade