onsdag 18 maj 2011

Bike of death...

I did manage to get brake pads and I even found a shock pump. But I was not home until 18.30 which killed any GBGserien for me. This time I have a good excuse...

When I started to play around with the brakes I found the answer to why the ride had more wobble than normal. The whole bloody shock is shaking around! I assume this means I need completely new bushings and probably a few other things inside. The lockout is also not working but that seems like a minor issue at the moment.

I would like to take this all apart myself since fixing it will save a load and then I will know what to do in the future. But now I only have my betong Trek to train with and I can tell you that there are even more surprises awaiting there. Fan. My budget is now officially shot for MTB season and it hasn't even started. Yes, what Björn says about CX season is universal. I am this close to just buying a new one since I had planned to anyway. But for Reba and up we are talking 5000kr or one third of the cost of the whole bike. =(

1 kommentarer:

Philip sa...

Take advantage of the strong kr/£
http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/Rock+Shox+Reba+RL++-+2011_RS-REBA-RL.htm

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade