lördag 2 april 2011

Redefining distanspass

If a distanspass is supposed to be long and of low intensity, I think I missed the point with today's run. My goal was to at least make it around without stopping for a rest and that is a tall order for the over 10km loop I normally take.

It starts with the gradual hill to Björndammen then gets steeper up along the road to the start of the 5km running trail in Furulund. And what a start that is! Basically vertical hill and way way up. Guaranteed cramp monster by the time you reach the top. But once you do you only have to worry about the 5km of smooth löpspår which constantly goes up and down. And for the big finish you run down the hill with your stiff muscles, have a fartökning 400m from the finish and then sprint the last 50m at max.

I did make it but, as you can see above, I look pretty dead. Distans this was but this route will never be low intensity. I tried to measure the höjdmeter with my phone once and it said like 200m which I didn't believe at the time. But it could very well be.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade