söndag 17 april 2011

Back, back and back again

I slept in a bit so my original plan for a distanspass had to be swapped for a shorter and more classic trip. We can call it backpass of death, if you want. The start is the same as my running route up to Furulund which for the most part is easier on the bike compared to running until you hit that one monster where the 5km trail starts. Aj. And I had no speed because I had to dodge a confused and funny old man and his dog but in a way it was good because then I had to test the hill from stop all in one go. I was basically out of breath all the way around to the stables at Kåsjön.

Next up Landvettervägen and left towards Tahult to see how the next hill of death was holding up. Yep...it is still there. Not quite so bad as my premiere ride last year though. Once you are up to Tahult things are nice but the road is falling apart so I would not suggest any LVG on that downhill just yet. Left on Härkeshultsvägen and a few little hills again up to the forest which I just love. So close to the city yet complete silence and wonderful nature.

At that point I was thinking how good my legs feel and what a nice steady pace I can maintain. CX and skiing has kept me in decent shape I think. Then I hit the worst hill of the trip and it never gets any easier. No choice but to just shift down and take it. For some MTB experience I turned onto one of those grusväg called Knipavägen which is in horrible shape and is therefore the perfect MTB road. From there I turned right and went passed the hunting club and down a bit of a tricky hill since the mud was grooved and you could not really see that it was grooved.

Down to Jonsered and then I was behind another cyclist probably coming from Lerum but he turned off thereby avoiding the race I know we would have had. I headed right over to Kåhög feeling rather weak as usual. One has to ride this stretch to push yourself. Heading west the wind is against you on 90% of the days on this road so the whole experience is nasty. No prestige for me today...I was dying. But not as bad as last week. Progress is always good.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade