lördag 18 september 2010

Murderous Mölndal meadows

Somehow it took much less time to drive to this training so I was like 30 minutes early. But that gave me plenty of time to adjust the brakes and get everything in order. Björn found a new track in the grassy fields behind Honda and K-Rauta which looked a lot like my find here in Sävedalen...except this was much longer.

Our test lap was just hell in the sucking wet grass and we were discovering giant holes and other objects all over the place. Yes...pungcrossen had begun both physically an mentally.

The next two laps felt a lot better once I was warm and some parts I could really accelerate well. Other parts were a disaster. This one stretch of deep mud just stopped me completely while another little hill made my wheels spin. I know that 2.8 was too much air but by some miracle my tires stayed on despite the constant flooding of wet grass and water. So the extra pressure meant that I could finish training.

As usual I had unlimited endurance but my speed was quite crap. It helped to be just ahead or behind someone but on my own was just pure torture for the legs. But with a 45 min + 2 laps race next week, I needed all the training I can get.

Tuesday the training will be there again with meeting at SCA parkering. So then we can try and draft a few MTB riders to CX. Tomas...we know you want to ride cross...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade