måndag 20 september 2010

Packing time?

I do not normally get into politics but since other cykelbloggare are onto this topic, I can't help but jump in as well. But knowing that over 450000 people in this country just voted for Sverigedemokraterna does not really give me anything positive to write. Should I start packing now or am I the 'right' kind of immigrant? I can vote in the local election but not the national one which meant that I was met with confused looks yesterday when I voted. 'But he is white and is wearing a Fjällräven jacket. Why can't he vote?' This happens to me all the time.

Obviously some people have this illusion that it is easy to come to Sweden and live off the system but that is far from true. Sweden has never been as open as everyone thinks. Every year I pay 1000kr for Migrationsverket to completely search my records and identity just to decide whether I can live here for one more year. It is degrading to say the least. And I have no status, will never be Swedish and have no right to collect A-kassa or any other bidrag.

Sometimes I wonder why I am here at all. The answer is that I like the nature and design plus the fact that so many people are active here. Having motionspår everywhere is a real luxury for a Canadian that grew up in a suburb with no sidewalks. But honestly I would be paid more, have a more secure position and a better place to live if I moved somewhere else.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade