tisdag 21 september 2010

Crapacross

Turnout was great tonight for CX training #4 - Hondacrossen. But Sven...where were you??? Björn had cleared out a bit around the rocks so it was much safer today yet somehow so much worse. For me, this was Crapacross.

I wanted to push myself harder than Saturday but I just couldn't bridge the 20-30m gap between me and the next group. I dared to take a harder gear than normal but it just felt slow all night.

The small downhill towards the road provided an extra bit of 'entertainment' because the mud part was even deeper and more wet than the weekend. I just hit it at a fairly good speed and just stopped. But after that initial part I could ride on through the rest. So then I tried to hit it at more speed which made a huge splash sending mud straight into my face. Was my mouth open? Of course. Crapacross.

Finally it was time for jaktstart with the slowest first and things were going just fine until the dismount to jump the small plank. When I jumped back on my left calf muscle just froze in a nasty little cramp. After that I had to calm down and change back a few gears. All this is a sign of how poorly trained I am for CX. Crapacross.

After sitting out and stretching, I took one final lap because it felt bad to end with a cramp. By taking it easy on the first part I was able to push through the tough sections at a fine pace. This is all about planning. I can do that.

In other news, I spent the rest of tonight cleaning my bike. I have never seen it this dirty. And it looks like my tubdäck are finally falling off.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Howdy Chris
Sorry to read about your injury.
My lack of showing up come from my f***ing back and a serius cold. But soon i hope to be back in lycra again.//S

hejchris sa...

Hallå Sven!
Yes, the lycra is calling you. It misses you. ;)
My calf is just a bit stiff but with rest I will manage on Saturday still. Now I know what not to do when jumping on the bike.
Hope you feel better soon!

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade