torsdag 16 augusti 2012

WoWCrossen

To be honest there has not been very much cross in Chris Cross these last few days. Way Out West left me humming German songs and extremely tired so my Sunday morning trip on the Ridley was not terribly fast. But I did tackle the grass hills at Kviberg again so my muscles did get some benefit. And the tempo riding along the path beside Säveån was great for handling at high speeds.

Since then Göteborgs Kulturkalaset has occupied my time and also filled my stomach with yet more junk food. But I am still trying to keep up the training so I have the routine up before I get piles of work again.

I also seem to have taken a big axe to SCF on Facebook under the CX discussions because I really do believe that no beginner in cycling will ever agree to pay a pile of money just to race a few motionslopp now and again. And the lack of incentive means we have piles of excellent cyclists that are outside of the system. I work with several of them. Maybe I am just a bit sensitive tonight since my TV box is busted and now I will have to go and yell at Telia and probably get stuck buying a new one. But it just seems to me like things are very messed up in a sport that could potentially be great for so many people. In only their second year Dalslands X-Country had over 500 cyclists and they had nothing to do with SCF.

Just make a good race. Don't complicate things with rules because people will lose interest.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade