fredag 3 augusti 2012

PanicCrossen

The other day's Göteborgs CK posting by Sven sounded very urgent. In Sthlm they are already training CX. Oh no. And now I read on Öijer's blog that they will conclude CX-Cupen and give extra points to make sure everyone shows up. So I can see that the pride of Göteborg in the CX world was at risk. We must train...PanicCrossen!

This is the first club training I have done in more than a year so I overestimated the driving time to get to Slottsskogsvallen and was sitting there for about 40 min. During that time one hell of a thunderstorm had passed but things looked okay at 18.30. CC Lasse decided for what I thought of as untraditional CX training over at Änggården so my first job was to see if I could keep up with those in the upper side of Superklassen. I made it halfway up the hill before I had to give up the fight but that was satisfying.

But my brain kicked in with the rain and I started to chicken out everywhere. On my MTB wet rocks means a nasty fall over 50% of the time so seeing wet rocks was not making me happy. Even if I had plenty of grip and was not sliding, my brain would not let go. It wasn't so bad at the top and there were some nice chances for attacking hills and trying to catch people but when the rain really started and we began to roll back downhill my glasses had 'permafog' and I couldn't see anything, plus my brakes were not working plus, again, the wet rocks.

After this I was not so enthusiastic back down in the forest part at Vallen so instead I decided to run up the famous stairs a few times and roll around the grusplan and slide there. But I will be back even if next week is Way Out West and the week after I will probably also be festivalling.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade