torsdag 23 augusti 2012

CX training deluxe with extra allt

Well, talk about a completely different situation compared to last CX training with GCK. It still started with half a day of rain but that managed to stop by the time we started. It seemed to be 'snabba pojkar' day as the best in Göteborg's cycling all converged to remind me than I am not quite so fast as I might think or sound when I write here. But great training it was and certainly a nice reunion.

This time (luckily) we stayed at Slottsskogsvallen and I had more control over my bike in the forest parts...so much so that it became superkul to take all the banked corners and little hill parts. Good good. But I also remembered that I never train at night so my body was screaming 'Ehh...e du go eller?' for the entire time. Have to work on that.

Some highlights were the sprint to the end of the grusplan followed by panic braking, jumping off the bike and running around the corner before remount and sprint back. This is something I have been training for weeks but at high speed and with dirt sticking in the pedals it just did not work. Fair enough. One thing that did work is my front brake since I was close to taking a handlebar vurpa in grand style.

Once we got to a lap we started with a bit of lagtempo with Patrik leading first. The stairs felt fine, the remount after was sådär and the one-shoe-out hill slide got easier with time. But on this first lap I misread a mud corner and took a fairly typical vurpa and did not hit my shoulder. That has to be a first. Anyway, upp på cykel and continue on the grass/grus/grus/grass/grus part until it was my turn to lead the lap. I did my best to do this at full speed and I also did my best to hit every possible water puddle and get completely soaked. Very fun. By the time we did the actual race I was dead so I just took my 5 laps at my pace, making sure to take the stairs each time (it was optional...but why skip the best part?). I also didn't get lapped which is a victory in its own right.

I tried to get some details from CC Lasse and the others but no one seems to know much about CX Cupen, the classes and even if/when Introcross will start. There were a couple positive comments about racing in Denmark and some will do the entire Swedish cup. But things should be more clear soon. For now I have a week of meetings and guest entertaining here but next Thursday I will be back in training business. Although first I need to clean my bike so a träningsvärk Skatås trip is looming...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade