söndag 5 augusti 2012

TvättaCrossen and TempoCrossen

Another weekend and that means another 2 passes on the CX. Yesterday was TvättaCrossen since the only real goal with the pass was to ride over to Skatås and use the hose to wash off the remains of PanicCrossen. But the wet grass all over Sävedalen meant a whole pile of spontaneous tree slaloms, grass hills and some hill running before taking 8:an and the other grusväg around Delsjön to eventually reach Skatås. I had to take a few laps around the small field next to the fenced football fields since it is famous for slippery gravel and I suck at corners there. The wet made it not quite as slippery but I tried a few corners with my shoe unclipped to try and really slide my way around. Need a bit more work at that.

And then this morning it was TempoCrossen which started at the grass field next to Allum where I did a few dismounts/stairs. Then over to Säveån where there are some nice little hills and tree slaloms but there was not so much to entertain a CX rider. So I decided on tempo to Jonsered to see if I could find anything there. Nope. Just a nice lake and a stop for a banana. So it was tempo back again via Kåhög and the famous wind stretch which not-surprisingly is a lot easier on the CX.

A lot of my training is just on basic CX technique because in my case I can gain just as much time with better technique as I can with better muscles. And my improvements this season suggest that my muscles are doing just fine. My bike remounts are much better already and I am working on corners. My acceleration is great and I am learning what my brakes can do and how the Ridley behaves. All this will save me minutes. Riding at max will still need training but GbgSuperPrestige will help with that.

People are starting to discuss CX Cupen already which is encouraging but before I decide on anything I am wondering about the cup rules. When you are like me at the bottom end of Superklassen the points do not really matter...even if I can place well in the cup by doing every race. I thought the point this year was to have less cup races and more local series. Other than GbgSuperPrestige I would not mind heading to Borås, Jkpg or Skåne sometimes too. So for example Branäs is of no interest at all for me. Instead I could go to Skåne or Denmark two other weekends and not end up driving any farther. But maybe I might change my mind if they come up with some smart points system. The rest of the weekends fit with my plans and to make my guess at the secret location for the Sthlm weekend I vote for Hammarby or that general area towards Hellasgården. I also vote for a rematch at Frescati. But I hope they are not thinking about Tullinge where Lida Loop starts because that is nowhere near anything.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade