tisdag 22 maj 2012

Update of the week

As you can see I haven't been updating so much. The only readers at the moment seem to be people searching for things I did not write about but yet somehow I have used all the words in combination somewhere before. So here is a quick recap, mostly just so I remember later on.

1.  Last Tuesday = clean
I decided to remove the pedal arm and everything just to clean it and put grease all over with hopes of finally getting rid of the annoying click sound. So after that it was too dark for a test drive so it would have to wait.

2. Work marathon
Despite holidays and luxury things like klämdagar, somehow I ended up working solid all three days for the entire day. Good news is that I only have one last deadline before summer and already life has become calm and peaceful. And that means more time for training after work and some socializing.

3. Drammen for a nice race?
I never did get out to test my bike so I had no clue what shape it was in. Then the organizers made the mistake of posting the entire race as a video on Youtube and one could see the kamikaze mission this would be if I actually were to improve my start position for Farrisrunden. Hairpin corners all the way down the slick grusväg road dropping 2-300m. Singletrack only wide enough for half a bike and on very rocky terrain. Imagine for yourself 700 eager cyclists flying towards Bohusleden...I would have done it if this was just for fun but I had a purpose and would have been massively disappointed.

4. Then why not Strupen?
Like I said I had not tested the bike at all so when I went out on Saturday it felt strange in the pedals and needed some adjusting. So I could have tried but the 3 overtime days at work killed my drive for cycling. And to my frustration my stupid bike is still making the same freaking clicking noises. I started to look more closely and can see that my chainrings are seriously worn even if the chain is fine. And I seem to have a shake in the back wheel so this thing is becoming a death trap.

5. New bike time?
So now all you 29er fans will be trying to sell me a new bike which I don't have the money for anyway. The problem is I am short and I actually like the fact that my 26er is superb on hills and takes off like a dream. Full Dynamix is Italian and it does share a lot in common with an Alfa Romeo. Beautiful to look at, fun to drive but parts fall off randomly for unknown reasons. So a re-build is coming very soon and it will cost a crap load. But at least Sid is still fine.

6. And the future?
I am signed up for Karolinertrampet this Saturday and that should be a nice little tour. I don't care what happens. I will just enjoy the nice weather. And I did end up in start group 11 of 16 in Farrisrunden anyway and that is about where I started last time. My plan was to take a nice week or so in Dalarna after Ränneslättsturen for their usual atmosphere and nice races but everything seems to be booked already and I refuse to pay 4000kr to rent a crappy little wooden shed in someone's backyard. So the summer is still confused.

7. But how am I doing anyway?
Actually, very good. With my little 45% after the winning time in Dalsland X-Country compared to my typical 75% after, I already feel like I have achieved the toughest goal of the season. So now I can sit back and have some cykelglädje. But I will race anyway and once I get started I know I will decide that I have to pass everyone in sight. It always happens...and that is why I am still not a motionär...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade