söndag 13 maj 2012

PartilleVarvet

First I want to apologize to all those cyclists I am seeing everywhere. I am not dissing you if I don't join in. The fact is usually that I see people when I am near the end of my pass which is also when I am rather dead. I also only have enough food and water to complete the pass I planned and that is it. Plus, I am so focused on my MTB races now that I just don't want to deviate from my usual routine. It is working.

Yesterday I took a 'usual' climb up to Kåsjön and then left over to Tahult in Landvetter before heading out on that road that disappears into the forest. As I have mentioned before, along that road is another little grusväg that connects to one of those orange trails. This was extremely wet but I found that I could relatively easily get through these and managed to stay on my bike more than usual. There is only one part of this trail where I should have to get off. The rest should be possible. So I have something to train. Rather than do the whole thing I took a shortcut down to Knipavägen and headed back along and down to Jonsered where, for some reason, I chose to head up the hill again and then down to Kåhög. Burning muscles anyone?

And then we have today which featured Jonsered again after a similarly stupid climb up from Kåhög and then down the wrong trail back to the station. It was fun though. The plan this time was to find Torpet Freden via a little offshoot of Bohusleden and this was superb! Even if I did have to top a couple spots due to wet rocks, this should be a perfect trail in a few weeks. So the point of this was to find that crazy lumber road again on the way to Lerum and train those psycho grusväg downhills followed by nasty uphills. Finally I could stop for a banana down at the little pier at Aspen. And then I just rode back all the way around Aspen on the Lerum - Jonsered road. 'Just' is maybe the wrong word given the massive headwind. Patrik & co looked like they were enjoying going the other way... =)

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade