torsdag 24 oktober 2013

Sick with hope

Part of the challenge with cross season, especially when all the races are so close together, is to manage to stay healthy while the rest of the population is sick constantly. This is unfortunate for the coming Skåne weekend with the double blow of being the farthest away for most people and being in a sicky week with crazy weather. My own story started last Friday morning when I woke up with a sore throat. By the time I arrived in Norrköping I still had a sore throat. After a long sleep and a yummy buffet breakfast I seemed to do away with the sore throat and my race on Saturday went extremely well. Sunday was another story since my body had no energy to give. By Monday night I was losing my voice and Tuesday I was home feeling crap. But by the afternoon I felt better again and went out for a walk because it was sunny and 15C. But after that and all of yesterday I was sneezing and coughing. Normally this is a good sign that I am almost through it and today I have felt much better. But the coughing is still there and does not sound or feel very healthy. So with my plan to sleep in and work from home there is still hope for being reasonably healthy and I am sure I will go anyway. Of course the hope is that I can race both days because much less have signed up and even if I finish last I will get more cup points for my efforts. And then I am free to have the flu during the Karlstad weekend... But we all know that flu season is guaranteed to start in SM week this year. And one more thing...this season has been very bad when it comes to pictures of Chris Cross. I know people have taken pictures of me and I know I had something which was either a race face or a pain face. I would like to see these...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade