lördag 19 oktober 2013

Ramundercrossen race report

Who can forget this race in 2010...nothing is more epic than a super lap of wet mud that drops the average speed to slower than walking. Today was much drier but overall this track has a bit of everything that is CX. It had so much that I counted at least 3 things that could go wrong with my bike and decided to ride with my old Merida in the pit.

I had a great plan of dismounting early and running passed people in the sand part but there was no room for that and I messed up on the little ski bridge hill and ran down it again which cost me a ton of time. I was already behind by a lot and after like two minutes of racing.

A determined run up the hill in the start area. I will not get passed again... (Photo Per Engström)

Ahead of me again was Johan from Söderköping SK and I assumed he had been training here a lot to get home advantage. The only place I seemed to be closing any gap was on the grass part around the pit. But with 5 dismounts per lap I was in bad shape and seriously hurting and my pedals were full of mud so I couldn't clip my shoes in. And yet by some miracle I was getting closer by taking more chances in the corners. Suddenly I was på rulle and trying to figure out if I could pass in a corner but he was tough today and leaving no room. So in the section at the pit I set in an attack and passed at a useless spot since it was just before the slaloms and log/stair part. But I held on a bit, ran up the huge hill and took a chance downhill and could be more comfortable when i got to the sand. But my pedal problems were slowing me and I was worried with two laps to go that the vurpa monster would appear.
Another ass shot for this year. With the attack I had just put it I the word fartvind seems correct...


I dont know how I held on. I was motivated by the fact that I might not get lapped and pushed on and that apparently opened the gap more so I could see a guy in CK CX in front. But just when I reached the log I was lapped but I still sprinted my way in and pretty much collapsed, again 2nd last. Perfectly fine for me.

Once they correct the results list it will be a fine 36th. The organizing club seems to have put their own guy above me...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade