söndag 9 september 2012

Göteborgs Superprestige (Introcrossen) #1

And so it was finally time to finish the week in the best possible way...with cyclocross! My roll over to Skatås from home was anything but superb despite being the time that I always train. But the more I rolled the more I woke up. After rounding up people who were scattered all over it was time to give Lisebergs camping a taste of CX. We started with dismount training and starts before heading over to take a few trips through the sand in front of thousands of fotball-playing kids. But this is all boring compared to the race so let's jump right to that.

Two races at 15 min each is good since not much tends to happen after the group gets spread out and plus I assume we will get points for both races. I was given #5 which is probably the closest I will get to the top of anything so why not. Startled 1 as always. Everyone passed me at the start, as always. But I did keep up all the way until after the obstacle and grass hill climb. I seemed to be sitting behind Lasse (I think that is the name, if not I fix later) and kind of rode a third of a lap behind but I realized it was better to just pass and take off since I was certain to make a mistake. Besides, Åsa Erlandsson was in front of him. And this made no sense because she is actually fast so I thought, wait, could this be my chance to pass someone who has actually won CX SM??? My non-cycling friends would like to hear this. So it was time to unleash the extra horses and give this a shot.

I was being 'Fixie Chris' again and sticking with the same gear but I did have two more down before I was maxed on the 34. But this really worked well because I could accelerate enough to close the gap up to Åsa. And then she fell in the grass corner which was kind of sloped downhill at the finish so I asked if she was okay and then took off as fast as I could. I passed! But she was still there and I then realized I didn't really know where I was going so I led us the wrong way a couple of times. But then I missed a whole section and had to turn back so Åsa and Lasse had passed and I was starting again with a lap to go. Crap. I was på rulle with Lasse just at the start of the singletrack section and he seemed keen to stay ahead so I had to skip over the braking part in the tree corner and could fly passed and see what Åsa was up to. Hmm...need those extra two gears now. I did a massive sprint down the last long grusväg part and went into that fun grass corner at top speed (superb tires, I say!) and had caught Åsa. And then she fell again on the same hill and I could roll pass and be the winner of Dam Elit class. =)

Race #2 was entirely different because I had killed myself in the first race. So my Startled 1 was again wasted although I made an effort and I think I could keep up with better utväxling. Åsa was way ahead this time since she let some air out of her tires so this race was uneventful. I passed Lasse again on the first lap and then there wasn't anyone else in any close range. I could see Sven around 75m ahead so I thought I would try and basically did the rest of the race flat out. I might have gained a bit at first but Sven could see me and had things under control. Either way, this was an excellent day for Chris Cross.

Honestly, why am I even considering skipping CX Cupen? I have the car. I have vacation days left. I even have the money. Branäs is already out but the rest are still open. Hmmm...


0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade