lördag 17 december 2011

Reversal learning

Maybe the subject should say leraning but perhaps some of you are sick of Göteborgsskämt. Anyway, you all know that my training has been extremely uncreative lately. Or maybe repetitive is a better word. So today it was time to throw my brain a nice little trick and see what would happen.

Reversed direction was the theme of the day. Start with the usual tempostyle riding along Säveån (not flooded this time) and then over to Lexby along the road I usually end with. Back along the river in Jonsered and then up the hill of death...halfway up I took a right and went over to that muddy grusväg hill and then continued the rest of the way. Aj. This was more tung than Thåström in Way Out West. Turning left at Knipavägen made things no less tung so by the time I rejoined the road at the top of the hill I was hurting. No more clean MTB either.

I believe that this is the way Tahultsrundan is supposed to go and I can understand. It is much harder in this direction. Those steep uphills I always talked about are short downhills while the rest of the time is a very long gradual up all the way. And then in Landvetter you have to get up to Tahult which is a mother of a hill.

At Öjersjö it was time to turn left and return to the usual route again...except this time with a lot more cycling in my legs. There was no wind today so this was just a transport section until the hill at the golfcourse which I barely managed to attack today. At the start of Delsjön I slowed a bit to have some water and prepare for the rest. This was non-stop and full gas today and by the time I was passing Skatås I was seriously tired. But I pushed on home and now have a nice tingle in my legs.

Yes...a lovely 40km for the legs and under 2 hours. I will probably take a couple weeks off from training now but it is very strange for me to have this much leg strength in December. I think a bit of running would be nice but this distans/hills stuff is perfect for långlopp.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade