onsdag 25 augusti 2010

When the brain starts working...

I have been writing about Birkebeinerrittet for awhile now but for some reason this morning my brain decided to ask the question...but why????

In October I find out about a grant which would give me a job here for the next 4 years. Unfortunately, my chances of getting that are not great. This means I have no job from 1 jan 2011. Even if I have started my own side business, I have no A-kassa and will probably have to leave. So one could say that it is not the best time to be throwing away money.

The hotel this weekend will cost 4000kr!!! Seriously. Gas, road fees and food will bring the grand total over 5000kr. All this for a race which is pretty similar to Raumerrittet or Finnmarksturen. No one cares if I do the world's largest MTB race and I know that I can do it so there is really no challenge to conquer. And the weather/mud status will just mean I am pissed off by the whole experience and will have even more to fix on my bike.

Seriously, I need to stop being so impulsive with these things. Especially when I have two very important work days on Monday and Tuesday and now is not the moment to piss anyone off when I need job references.

So that's it again. 5 MTB marathons in 2010 instead of 10. Which is great anyway but somehow I am disappointed with myself.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hej Chris. Vad drygt..hoppas det löser sig med jobb för dig. Det brukar ju lätta när det ser som mörkast ut. Helt rätt att stanna hemma och börja lufta crossen. O skulle suget efter MTB bli för stort kan du ju åka med till Uddevalla på söndag bara namnet dynamitracet låter ju grymmt lockande. Roll on Sven

hejchris sa...

Hej Sven!
Thanks. The work situation has been like this ever since I moved to Götet. I really do want to stay here but sooner or later one has to just take on of those great jobs out in other parts of Europe which they never have here in Sweden. By the time I race in Lidköping in October, my future will be decided.

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade