tisdag 31 augusti 2010

Bug bites and a fine CX training session

Tonight was the premiere for MCKs CX training out at Slottsskogsvallen which I have to say is a bit tricky to drive to from Partille. Considering that I work about 5 minutes from there, maybe I should leave the car. Of course I don't think I could have managed the ride all the way home after.

It was great to see Sven back and ready for battle. And he has been doing some training... We started with some grus corners which is what my bike is pretty useless at and my clincher tires were completely wrong. But over time I was learning how to handle it and accelerate through the corners. I was surprised that my downhill technique was fine but my brakes were making way too much noise.

Soon it was time for 2-lap races and it felt like I was at max all the time. Yes...CX is back! And I am sure that any picture of me will show a decent 'race face'. So I am not surprised to feel quite tired now.

Of course I want to ride my new bike and I got a few tips tonight that will help.

The only problem with tonight was the mosquitos...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade