torsdag 12 augusti 2010

CykelVasan top secret race plan

There is no need to post any höjdprofil pictures because everyone knows about Vasaloppet. But CykelVasan doesn't really follow the actual trail. It starts with 'the hill' but that is less than 200m vertical so the Norwegians will think it is a speed bump. And then there is the 100m hill before Risberg...that's it. The first 45km are mostly road/grus and the last half is on the trail but I don't know if that mud/dirt is hardpacked or soft. So on paper it looks very reasonable.

The secret race plan is pretty logical...steady pace up the hill and klungkörning at least until Mångsbodarna. Probably I will stop at Risberg for a Squeezy gel and maybe Oxberg for another. It depends how I feel. But I expect the second half to be harder since it will be more trail/mud.

This is the kind of race where I am certain to start too hard and then fall apart at the end. But finishing a race in the centre of Mora is very motivational. And since I am still having problems with my toes in the shoes, I need motivation.

So this weekend I will experiment with posting from my Samsung android phone...just to warn you for strange changes in layout.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

Blog Archive

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade