lördag 8 oktober 2011

Grass on my ass

Since everyone has a blog now, one has to be catchy with titles. Öijer, for example, is writing in French. And I am just swearing. But there will be no ass pictures here, even with grass.

Sometimes completely unplanned CX passes are the best and today was a fine example of that. I started right in Partille C around that slott on the hill which is surrounded by a lovely grass field which needed more tire tracks. There was one trail already but with some creativity it became a 'rundbana of death' quite quickly. I had a slippery grus path with a dismount spot and then 3 steps which became slightly too exciting on my second lap when I stumbled a bit and hit handlebar. Most of the force went to my MTB 'tree guard' which is, of course, a big no no in cross but today I am rather happy I had it. Anyway, I kept going and slowed down a lot in these difficult parts.

In a race situation I tend to fall apart at these obstacles and remounts so instead of being a psycho constantly I will take it easy at these obstacles and be a psycho for the rest of the time. Mistakes at the obstacles cost 15 seconds at least but remaining focused will work. At least for me. Anyway, I continued with some hill running and generally messing up random grass spots along Säveån. But the bike was clean so 'messing up' was not the case at all. Wild grass can take this.

So then it was time to finish up at Sävecrossen and the wet grass of death. There is a hill at the Puketorp bus stop which is sort of half mud and half bad grass which is the ultimate test of technique. 5 laps of this meant 2 cases of sliding but still making it up and the last time I got stuck but overall I do have some power still. This left my bike and my ass covered in grass and mud so my newly-clean apartment is now back to normal again...into the shower with the cross and spread the mud around the hallway. It would not be home without this...

1 kommentarer:

hejchris sa...

Good point. I forgot all about Nightmare. =(
Chris

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade