söndag 2 oktober 2011

Chris Cross in da hood!

I have this habit of taking the same rides over and over and over and over so today it was time to break the cycle. Fan...that was almost Göteborgsk. ;) Hisingen makes most people think of gang violence and gubb cycling but I decided to be brave and give it a chance. Today Chris Cross actually left the east side...

I needed something sturdy so again the MTB got some mil. I still believe that at this stage of general okondition any distans on any bike is good for my legs. 2 hours and 45 minutes worth was very good. It started with Säveån along to Kviberg and through Gamlestaden across the Marieholmen train bridge. Anyone that has ever ridden this last stretch knows that it is a depressing industrial area one rides through very fast just to get to anything nicer. And just on the Hisingen side that nicer part appeared. Jaha? Trees! Autumn colours! Najs!

Next I headed over to Backaplan which we all know is depressing but then a bit farther you hit Kvillebäcken which is a lovely hidden spot between two highways. And then we have the highlight of the area...Ramberget! Slight serpentine feel to this hill which was not really that steep compared to Partille but still I can imagine a GP race here. At the top the view was, well, foggy so I saw nothing. But the whole city was there somewhere.

Passed more depressing highrise and then I hit Wieselgrensplatsen which is kind of cool in that 1950s DDR architecture kind of way. After that there were lots of houses. Also najs. I decided to ride up to Tuve which I overshot by a bit but ended up there eventually. My plan was to explore Hisingsparken but instead, apparently I ended up at Volvo and back on Björlandavägen which means I rode completely around it. I guess I missed the actual hood so I will just have to take another trip...

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade