torsdag 22 oktober 2009

Disaster

Last night was probably the last wednesday night training we will have this year because, well, the 'night' part is a bit too true. Of course I do need some practice with riding CX blindfolded but this seems like one of those advanced skills that a motionär like me would never use.

Anyway, my fun from the weekend had a few undesirable effects on my bike. First, I decided not to ride with my tubulars because of the bump in the tire. So I put on the old tires which are crap. So training started with me sliding all over since I had no grip at all. Because of the sliding, I tried to overcompensate with more braking but apparently I had worn off the pads so after about 10 minutes I had no brakes at all. I knew that I had to re-adjust them anyway but now everything is way off.

So while the others were racing on this course in Eklanda that we improvised, I was riding slalom in some grass because there I would not need brakes. That was also very effective training because riding on grass with old tires is just painful.

After a disappointing session, I went back to my car and found out that the adjustment thing on my shoe was busted so now I have to buy a replacement. Crap. Looks like I have to visit CykelCity now and hope that I can fix these problems and be racing again soon.

1 kommentarer:

Johanna sa...

Hi chris ! Johanna from johannaei.blogg.se, i like your blog! I've never seen you guys bikeing in Kungsbacka but judging from the pictures it looks very funny and very muddy ;
take care !

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade